Links to additional information about the WEP and the GPO
Frequently Asked Questions
Read answers to the frequently asked GPO and WEP questions.
Links to Other Information Centers
- Social Security Online information on the WEP and the GPO (SSA)
- The National Education Association on GPO and WEP (NEA)
- California Retired Teachers Assn. on GPO and WEP (CalRTA)
- The financial condition of Social Security (SSA)
- Texas American Federation of Teachers (Texas AFT)
Congressional Research Service Reports
- Read these for detailed official information on the effects of the GPO (15 pages) and WEP (7 pages), their history and the arguments for and against.
|Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP)||The Government Pension Offset (GPO)|
This strong 2017 statement from the National Committee for Preservation of Social Security and Medicare shows why these offsets should be repealed.
The required SSA form to warn employees about the GPO/WEP
This is the form that public employers who do not participate in the FICA (Social Security) tax system have been required to have new employees sign since January 1, 2005.
|SSA 1945 Form|